Sunday, February 3, 2013

Glutino BBQ Chicken Pizza

Last time I went to the store i picked up a bunch of frozen food options to test out. Among them was a Chicken BBQ Pizza with a Brown Rice Crust made by Glutino.
                                                 
Pizza-3-Chicken-with-BBQ-Sauce
 

I LOVED it! I have nothing bad to say about it at all. Just lay it on a cookie sheet & ur good to go. They warn you on the box that ovens vary & this is a good warning. It takes 30min to cook on a recommended heat of 375. I set the timer to 20min & when I checked on it the crust was already getting too dark for my tastes so I rotated it, & turned the temp down to 350. Even so I ended up taking it out 3min early. I'm SO glad i read all of the instructions :)

The crust was crispy, without that break your teeth feel to it! And the BBQ sauce was awesome! There was a thick layer of it - they did not skimp on cheese either - & the sauce was both sweet & tangy.

It was just the right size, when I was done i felt satisfied - with just enough room left for a little chocolatey goodness to round it out the meal - because of course no meal is complete without chocolate :)

I almost forgot to mention the nutrition label! This little gem has 14g of protein! How awesome is that? There are only 41g of carbs & 25% of your calcium needs - which I'm paying close attention to since I have reached an age where I am no longer growing new bone & my Dr pointed out that I am at a high risk of osteoarthritis...

The pizza does contain eggs & milk, & may contain soy. I am lactose intolerant - or I am now any way - but I have noticed that for me personally small amounts seem to be ok & I have so far suffered no ill effects.

This is most definitely going on my list for next time!!

No comments:

Post a Comment